Monday, January 29, 2007

The Freelance Writer's Thanksgiving Prayer

By Yuwanda Black

CLIENTS

I’m thankful for clients.

I’m thankful for clients – who pay.

I’m thankful for clients – who pay on time.

I’m thankful for clients – who pay what I’m worth.

I’m thankful for clients – who pay their thanks to me.

I’m thankful for clients – who realize my value.

I’m thankful for clients – who have ideas.

I’m thankful for clients – who have no idea.

I’m thankful for clients – who know when to give up their ideas.

I’m thankful for clients – who know what they want.

I’m thankful for clients – who know when they don’t know what they want.

I’m thankful for clients – who let me do my job.

I’m thankful for clients – who realize writing IS a job.

I’m thankful for clients – who realize writing is MY job.

ME

I’m thankful for the gift of writing.

I’m thankful for the gift of writing – for a living.

I’m thankful for the gift of writing – words that matter.

I’m thankful for the gift of writing – just for me.

I’m thankful for the gift of writing – love notes to those who matter.

I’m thankful for the gift of writing – editorials that change people’s minds.

I’m thankful for the gift of writing – to help others.

I’m thankful for the gift of writing – down what I’m thankful for.

FRIENDS

I’m thankful for friends – who realize I write for a living.

I’m thankful for friends – who don’t ask me to work for free.

I’m thankful for friends – who don’t tell me to “get a real job.”

I’m thankful for friends – who pick up the tab during dry spells.

FAMILY

I’m thankful for family – who respect my working hours.

I’m thankful for family – who encouraged me to purse my dream.

I’m thankful for family – who ignore me when I’m on deadline.

I’m thankful for family – who know I love them, even when I’m on deadline.

I’m thankful for family – who realize that my computer really is a person to me.

I’m thankful for family – who know I’m a professional, even in my fuzzy slippers.

DEADLINES

I’m thankful for deadlines – that pass.

I’m thankful for deadlines – that pass with pay.

MONEY WISH LIST

I’m thankful for checks;

I’m thankful for checks – that come in the mail,

I’m thankful for checks – that come in the mail on time;

I’m thankful for checks – that come in the mail on time in my name;

I’m thankful for “notification of payment received” emails from PayPal;

I’m thankful for bank lines of credit;

I’m thankful for bank lines of credit – in my name;

I’m thankful for bills that don’t come;

I’m thankful for bills that don’t come – in my name;

I’m thankful for bills that are paid;

I’m thankful for bills that are paid – on time;

I’m thankful for bills that are paid on time – in my name.

WISH LIST FOR CLIENTS

I wish for vodka shots before talking to unreasonable clients;

bottles of tequila to share with good clients;

a moonshine hangover to nonpaying clients; and

a three-martini introduction to new clients.

WORK

I’m thankful for work.

I’m thankful for work – that matters.

I’m thankful for work – that I love.

I’m thankful for work – that I love that pays.

May be reprinted with the following, in full: Yuwanda Black is the publisher of InkwellEditorial.com: THE business portal for and about the editorial and creative industries. First-hand freelance success stories, e-courses, job postings, resume tips, advice on the business of freelancing, and more! Launch a Profitable Freelance Writing Career in 30 Days or Less -- Guaranteed! Log on to InkwellEditorial.com to learn how.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Yuwanda_Black
http://EzineArticles.com/?The-Freelance-Writers-Thanksgiving-Prayer&id=355106

No comments: